Search engine evaluators (UHRS) are basically working for Microsoft to improve its search engine, Bing. The position does not require any specific qualification. Generally, there is no limit of maximum or minimum hours to work in this position. You can work from the comfort of your home and earn money online by doing simple tasks.
The role involves
- Evaluation of many different task types including Search evaluation, Ads evaluation, Text, Image, and Video audio queries.
- Research using online tools to determine the intent and accuracy of queries.
- Applying market knowledge with provided guidelines to evaluate the relevance and intent of task information for your market.
- A keen interest in the Internet.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical skills, and excellent communication skills are essential.
- Ability to work independently and flexibly with new techniques/processes.
- Further opportunities may arise to contribute to other tasks and projects on a freelance basis.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Passing an online evaluation to demonstrate the capability of reading and applying the guidelines.
- Experience with search engines and website research.
- You must have familiarity with current and business, media, sports, news, social media, and cultural affairs.
- Access to and use of a broadband internet connection and associated computer and software to perform the work, all provided at your own expense.
- Laptop or Desktop with Windows 10. (Apple Macs, Chromebooks, tablets, iPads, and smartphones as well as Apple OS or older versions of Windows are not acceptable)
Hours for this role are up to 20 hours per week depending on task availability. This is a pay-per-task project. The compensation will be paid via bank account and the amount will vary depending on the number of tasks completed and the tasks’ difficulty level.
Telus is currently actively hiring for
Search Engine Evaluator – English (India)
To apply Click here: https://fs30.formsite.com/LB2014/ejtmvoidgn/index.html
UHRS is a Universal Human Relevance System. A crowdsourcing platform by Microsoft was used for improving the search engine Bing. This is a work-from-home money-making opportunity. There are millions of people around the world it calls them ‘Judges’. Judges/Contractors can work from home and get paid for doing simple tasks such as text annotation, image annotation, video annotation, search relevance, and speech transcription tasks. Basically, UHRS provides human intelligence to train algorithms of AI applications/tools, products, and machine learning models.
UHRS has partnered with different vendors to hire contractors. These companies act as a mediator between you and UHRS. You can only access UHRS through one such vendor. All the money you make completing tasks on UHRS is transferred to the website you used to enter UHRS through. This way these websites handle billing/invoices and payment for UHRS.
List of Vendors to access UHRS
Joining the UHRS is simple enough. After signing up on the vendor website you have to look for UHRS project/ Assignment. You need to have windows live id. A Windows Live ID is your e-mail address and a password that you choose after you’ve signed up on the Microsoft website. You need to pass a simple English language quiz and you will gain the access to UHRS. You can complete the whole process in an hour or two and start earning.
Though joining is simple. Work is not readily available. The work is available through Hit App. At any time 5 to 25 Hit Apps are available. You need to qualify for Hit App by passing a simple test based on 2 to 10-page-long, Hit App guidelines. Hit Apps are having Hits these are the number of tasks that Hit Apps currently have. Hits tend to distinguish very fast. You need to constantly look for the availability of Hits. Some Hit Apps are available for one time some are for a few days. Very Few Hit Apps are available for a long time. It is advisable that if you are not having tasks available on your main long-term projects like Internet Assessor/ Ads Assessor or Map Analyst make the time for UHRS. Or if you are a student and not having any long-term projects trying UHRS is worth it. Or if you are having a lot of free time it is fun to work on UHRS and earn some money. Ideally one can make $100 to $200 on UHRS. Every Hit Apps rate varies depending on the complexity. There are sometimes gold mines to be found in UHRS.
Types of work on UHRS
- Image Annotation – Like classifying images, object detection, semantic segmentation, image detection, boundary recognition, etc
- Search Relevance – Identifying query results, relevant events, entity classification, etc.
- Text Annotation – Sentiment analysis like identifying the sentiment of a social media post, document classification, intent of the query, etc.
- Speech Transcription – Converting audio/conversation into text, relevant tasks, etc.
- Video Annotation – Video relevance for a given search query, detection of objects in a video, video tracking, etc.
- Other Tasks – Data collections jobs, data validation tasks, surveys, Information moderation/correction
- HIT Apps – Hit Apps are like projects. A Hit App contains tasks and all the necessary information a judge needs to know like the number of tasks/hits available, earning per hit, time a hit takes to be completed, guidelines, preview, etc.
- HITs – Hit App contains tasks that are called hits. A task in UHRS is called HIT. No. Of available hits in a HIT App are updated every 15 minutes.
- Spam Accuracy – Valid judgment you have made out of total judgment. When you are doing actual hits, HIT App throws testing hits to check if you are following guidelines or not while working. Spam accuracy is derived from your score in testing HITs. If your spam accuracy is low, you can be disabled temporarily or permanently from doing HITs on a HIT App.
- Train – Some HIT Apps may require training. You are required to train yourself by doing sample HITs before you encounter real HITs. When you complete a training HIT. HIT App will show a message about whether your judgment was right or wrong with a logical explanation.
- Qualify – After completion of training, you are required to pass a qualification test by judging HITs they already know the answers of. There will be a certain number of qualification attempts varies with HIT Apps. Obviously, you are supposed to score well on Qualification Test. Reading guidelines and instructions really helps here.
- Start – If you see this button, you no longer require training or pass qualification and are ready to judge. However, I will advise you to read the guidelines before you start judging.
Start attempting tasks you are qualified for. Initially, after a few judgments, you should go to the report section to check how good you are going and if spam accuracy is above the required. Each HIT App has its own rules. Some HIT Apps will disable you as soon as your spam accuracy goes below 80% while some may allow you to continue even if it’s as low as 55%. Don’t rush through tasks. Don’t be greedy. Take your time and try to be a good judge. Your reputation may bring you more tasks. HIT Apps and tasks are updated every 20-30 minutes. So keep refreshing after every few minutes if you don’t see available tasks.
To avoid temporary or permanent suspension from using a HIT App, always perform tasks you are really good at. Pay attention to guidelines. Better find other tasks relevant to your liking if you see too many red alerts during training even after reading the guidelines thoroughly.
Stay logged in for an extended amount of time. Cover more time by partnering with a friend. Avoid disqualification while working on a Hit App. Pass the Qualification, even if no Hits are available. Some Hit Apps are not for you. Getting banned from Hit App is normal. If they make changes or come up with new guidelines for that particular Hit App you will get a chance again to qualify. If you are banned from Hit App for the first time it is normally a temporary ban and asks you to come back tomorrow. I advise you to wait for 7 days as Hit Apps consider the last 7 days’ Spam Accuracy.
It depends upon a lot of factors like your skills, availability of hits/tasks at your location, etc. I have done tasks that earned me $7 per hour and then I have participated in tasks that only made $2 to $3 per hour. You can expect a pay rate of $3 to $6 per hour. Earning per HIT depends upon the difficulty level of HIT, the skills required, and the time it takes to be completed. All that you earn doing small tasks during a week will be sent to the website you have joined UHRS through which you can withdraw using one of the available pay-out options.
Most of the site’s preferred payment method nowadays is Payoneer.
We provide assistance to Telus Assessor/ Rater Exam, Internet Safety Evaluator Welocalize Search Rater Exam, Appen Connect Yukon Exam